THE RATTLER MILITARY FIELD WATCH - SUS HOMAGE (Ready to ship)
The Rattler Military Field watch is deeply inspired by one of my all time favorite watches I've had the pleasure of owning - the Seiko SUS 4s15. I once had both versions (silver dial and black dial) but at 34mm in diameter - they were just too small for me. This was actually the watch that motivated me to start my own watch company as I was going to recreate this fine timepiece and now the time has finally come.
To begin, I used a titanium case to mimic the distressed steel case of the original Seiko. But I increased the case size to a much more versatile 37mm in diameter. Then I put all the design elements in place - from the outer dial ring, down to the inconspicuous date window at 4:10ish. I also gave it 100m water resistance and, of course, a hardy Seiko automatic movement. The rest is constructed of the highest grade materials from a sapphire crystal to a luxury, custom made"seatbelt" nylon strap.
The Rattler name comes from the fact that Vermont does indeed have rattle snakes. So, be careful where you step!
Specifications (all parts are custom made for the Rattler except the movement; production models will be exactly like the prototypes shown here):
- 37.2mm (not including the crown) x 47mm titanium case with 20mm lug width
- 11mm height from caseback to top of crystal
- Front sapphire crystal with inner anti-reflective coating
- Seiko NH35 automatic movement with hacking/handwinding,24 jewels, guilloche rotor, 21,600 bph and ~41 hours power reserve
- 100m water resistance
- Sunburst silver and sunburst black dial choices
- Bright Superluminova BGW9 lumed hands and BGW9 lumed hour markers on black dial
- BrightSuperluminovaBGW9 lumed hands and black lumed hour markers (weak due to the black pigment) on silver dial
- Polished screwed down steelcrown and caseback
- Double caseback gaskets for added water resistance assurance
- Drilled through lug holes
Click HERE for a hands-on video.